Tuesday, February 10, 2009

the latest is not the greatest, it just is

Hello from Madrid
where some cronies and i are puzzling out the how to get Rid of the Mad part or parts
or trying to put the Mad parts that have been Rid of back in place...

whatever, im not trying to efface time or seriousness but a little levity and bath bubbles didnt hurt anyone last i knew

The Current Currents:

I had an Enlightenment day Monday. Very bignificant (yes that would be big + significant). and to sum up the pieces i deduced the following:
- drop the art class that was a stressor and time gobbler
- ask around, get books and read them
- breathe, practice breathing and mindfulness (meditations too)
- ask myself what i need, what i want and what am i doing
- come around/realize i will eventually make money (that i seem to be spending too much and too often, even tho compared to some i get the sense im pretty darn frugal)... google frugal, i might come up
- i had not been writing AKA i need to write to be healthy
- i need sunshine
- smiling is important, so is being real-true, but, perspective counts and cracking a smile can be contagious
- Nina Simone, Bob Marley, Dylan... are music marvels, and yes i do try to translate their lyrics into spanish, creole or arabic and mouth them (or sing out loud) and DANCE on the way to school (30 min walk, still, havent found no shortcuts)... and yeah, its a sight, but i feel alright
- haha
- eating raisins and digestiva crackers so my volcanic-vibrato stomach will chill the trill out

- remembering you, carrying you with me, hoping you are well


What else?
- send me love:
RL Gorley c/o Carmen B. Toreno
Calle Manuel Bajo 7
D.P 28015 MADRID, ESPANA


- while my host mom is an excellent chef, i fear she is strict-tight and is reserved and proud to the right, her rules are like bricks and i cant bite thru them with any words or teeth or fly over them with any kite. so w/e this is my short life, in spain, with un poco home strife, but i take it in stride, try and seek the positive and let that override any negativity-hostility, and have flexible attitude abilities and patience, understanding, appreciation, and... again, patience


thanks
toda mi amor

3 comments:

  1. You write with such a beautiful voice.

    I love your voice.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zanmi B,
    I second Emma Lea.
    I miss you, and I smile reading your voice-- it´s as steady, articulate, inviting as ever.
    Sending you my love and abrazos from another side of the Latin world.
    :)danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. from a little book you once called your own and passed on to me with generosity and an open heart.....

    As you search over this year
    with eyes your heart has
    sharpened
    remember longing

    I do not know your space now
    I only seek a woman whom I love
    trapped there
    by accident.
    but places do not change
    so much
    as what we seek in them
    and faith will service
    along the way
    to somewhere else
    where work begins

    yours truly,
    audre lorde

    ReplyDelete