Saturday, February 21, 2009

11 dias despues.../11 days later


All i can say: the vicissitudes

ocean waves lapping on the shore of eternity, neither are completely constant
sand, waves, moon, living creatures, stones, foot prints
resound impermanence in yr heart like a shell held to yr ear


I wear the continuum on a hemp necklace and I still do not breathe and engage mindfulness as I need...

I am well, I feel embraced in Madrid because of new friends and sunshine. Dad flew into Madrid this weekend and instead of going through museums and palaces and doing the "tourist" stuff, he said: I just want to do what's important to you.

Awesome. Dad, I love you. So, Saturday afternoon and on we went out for a great pizza lunch, then walked around Madrid until dinner. We enjoyed taking in sights, cruised around in Sol for awhile... talked about chocolate and didn't find what we were looking for... not today at least.

Hopefully will post up pictures tomorrow, or after this upcoming heavy midterms week passes. Oh, I would rather be out! Dancing all night or eating churros! Jaja, no big deal. Poco a poco...

In recent news: I went to a talk held by 2003 Nobel Peace Prize winner, Shirin Ebadi- a lawyer and judge from Iran known for her women's and humans rights work. She has written a memoir (highly recommend), Iran Awakening... and after hearing her speak (Farsi- then, translated into Spanish)- I felt compelled to thank her and see her in person. Above/below the text is a photo of us...

Well, blog break is over now- back to Arabic studies.

Seeking to understand, be real, live simply and honestly
Questioning (most) everything and remembering you-

Zanmi

1 comment:

  1. WOW Becca!! I can't believe you got to meet Shirin Ebadi! That is so amazing. I've heard so much about her. :) She, I think, would be the attorney for the Bahá'í's on trial in Iran right now, but unfortunately they are not allowed to have an attorney. But yes, she sounds like a truly amazing woman!!! Amazing!!!!

    How are your studies going? How is learning Arabic?

    ReplyDelete