Thursday, February 10, 2011

reflections

Last night I had a dream I met Bill and Hillary Clinton. Bill had to step out and take a call. Hillary and I talked about power. In the end, on the stairs down out to their/a car, she asked if I had any cigarettes. No, I did not.

Yesterday I did meet Mr. Lincoln and Mr. Lacy Clay.

I walk around in capital city and feel both big and small.
Grounded from the stories and lives, streets of St. Louis where I've "come from"- I don't want to take any easy road out. Anyone can write a letter, can speak-- anyone can be open to learn, to engage in the democratic process. It is all so possible, and I do think the advocacy* effort makes a difference in creating awareness and pushing change, like an orange wheel barrow- farther down the road.

What do I want? I want to be an organizer.

*advocare ‘summon, call to one's aid

No comments:

Post a Comment