Monday, April 13, 2009

Who Am I?

Who Am I:

- bad email responder, not great long distance corresponder
- a candy lover (go to a Alimentacion/Chino/Frutos Secos - a convenient mart) and buy gummy candies (5 centimos each, i get the spicy red peppers, yes i'm hooked on dem)
- planning travel (for May, after final exams i have free time to as cheap as possible flit around europa)
- not a daily writer, and ashamed
- more avid walker
- every now and then a fotog
- thinker, feeler, meditator, luchadora
- planning and considering options, remembering dreams, doing my best not to lay them down like a sack of give away clothes, but rather as something real i dress myself with everyday, something i feel on my skin and inside am kept warm and alive by
- a reader, an observer, a joker, ....
- proud and humble, running and then the usual stumble
- email checker, message hoper, but still not best writing woper (made that up, a woper is someone who replies in a whoa! short amount of time)
- healthy, hopeful
- a sewer! today i sewed two patches on a pair of jeans i got from my roommate, Mel- yea, it took a little bit, but i had the spirits of my mom, and my aunt Sharon and aunt Minnie with me, i know it
- witty, eclectic, non makeup
- one who doesn't hold anything in my hands when i walk places
- now, a person who puts safety pins on the book bag zippers to prevent (help to) prevent theft
- learning French, a little Wolof, speaking-writing-reading Arabic, speaking Spanish, and English on occasion
- feeling guilt about things i can- and cannot control
- debating: StL or Cincy this summer
- buying stamps, dressing in spring colors
- forgetting it is/was Easter
- remembering the Vine, argili... R and A, and all those wednesdays
- open, and growing in something, anything, nothing and everything
- traveler to Bilbao (city explorer, in rain, shine, wind and all on foot)
- patient and then so not
- Whitman "I contain multitudes"
- one who needs respect, attention, love, grace, forgiveness, connection - to living creations, art, music, freedom, liberation, notebook, pen, mind, heart, spirit, feet, health, companionship, trust, peace, joy, hope, and vision


may you be as you are
knowing you are never far
always residing in the lark chirping corner of my heart

peace be in you

Zanmi RLGorley

1 comment:

  1. On your StL/Cincy debate...my thoughts on that matter go without saying : )

    Trust yourself B, you know what you want and where you want to be/go...

    Love you, Miss you...

    Mel

    ReplyDelete